Aloo Poha - Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato. Poha makes a wholesome breakfast or a simple snack, which is made of flattened rice. This poha is better known as batata poha, where batata means **"potato"** and poha means **"flattened rice".** Thus, this Aloo Poha is a dish made from flattened rice which is fried with potatoes, turmeric, onions, mustard seeds and some more ingredients. So naturally, this dish has a South Indian touch flavored with… curry leaves, mustard seeds, and dry red chillies.
Here is my version of Aloo Poha, however you can choose to add peas and carrots. Aloo Poha/Aval/Easy Snack Recipe/ Poha Recipes/Spicy Snack Recipes/Indian Recipes/Vegetarian recipes/Flattened Rice/White Rice Flakes/Lock down recipe Hello. Gujarati aloo poha recipe or batata poha - A perfect breakfast dish made from poha - flattened rice and batata - potato. You achieve browning french fry Aloo Poha - Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato testing 14 compound also 5 including. Here is how you carry out.
receipt of Aloo Poha - Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato
- You need 2 cups of Flattened Rice (Poha).
- You need 1 of large Charlotte Potato (small diced).
- It's 2 of Shallots or 1 medium Onion (small diced).
- You need 1/4 of green chilli (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of thumb size piece of ginger (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black mustard seeds.
- It's 2-3 of Curry leaves (optional).
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It's of Pomegranate seeds to garnish.
- Prepare of Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
The aloo poha or batata poha is quite well known in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is known as batata poha where batata is "potato" and poha means "flattened rice". Although this is a Gujarati version of aloo poha, the maharasthrian poha is usually made with onions. Aloo Poha is flattened rice and prepared in most parts of India.
Aloo Poha - Turmeric flavoured Flattened Rice with Potato compound
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Once the oil is to temperature, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, finely chopped ginger and green chilli, diced Charlotte potato and onions. Stir to mix and add turmeric powder. Cover the saucepan and cook until the potatoes are cooked..
- In a colander, wash the flattened rice (poha) under running water until all the flattened rice is damp (but not soaking wet). Drain the water by gently shaking the colander..
- Once the potatoes are cooked, gently toss the flattened rice with cooked potatoes and onions..
- Season with salt, add sugar and lemon juice, gently mix and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. [avoid over mixing as this breaks the flattened rice].
- Take off the heat, transfer in a bowl, garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander. Serve warm..
In Maharastra and surrounding areas, it's served for breakfast with cubes of potato and spices. I grew up in boarding school and. Aloo Matar Poha/ Potato Green Peas Flattened Rice. Traditionally poha is a staple breakfast food in Maharashtra. But this is not restricted to any particular region and one favorite breakfast recipe in all parts of the country by now.