My Gran's Lentil Soup. Grandma's Lentil Soup recipe: Soup made from lentils, ham hock and vegetables. Boil water, add ham and lentils. In frying pan, sautée bacon, carrots, onions and celery and add to broth.
It is a staple food throughout Europe and the Middle East. This is the BEST lentil soup recipe!! It's full of amazing lemony flavor, it's naturally healthy and vegan and gluten-free, it's quick and easy to make, and SO delicious. You effect steaming spoil My Gran's Lentil Soup testing 8 process furthermore 3 and. Here you go do a bang-up job.
technique of My Gran's Lentil Soup
- You need 200 g of red lentils.
- It's 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 4 of chopped carrots.
- It's 2 of veg stock cubes.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 4 of potatoes and butter for mashing.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Instant Pot and Slow Cooker lentil soup recipe instructions included too! Lentil soup, made from scratch with simple ingredients. It's so healthy, filling and comforting, perfect to warm you up on a cold day. I like to serve this lentil soup with a salad or cooked veggies and some type of healthy carb, like bread, cooked rice or potatoes.
My Gran's Lentil Soup modus operandi
- Soak lentils according to instructions. Bring to the boil a big pot of water. When it reaches the boil add chopped onion, bay leaves, cloves and stock cubes. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes while you prepare the carrots and potatoes.
- Start to boil potatoes, add carrots and lentils to the stock. Simmer soup for about 30 mins while potatoes cook. Add salt to soup and check for taste.
- Mash the potatoes once ready with a knob of butter. Put a ball of mash in the middle of a bowl. Remove the cloves and bay leaves. Pour soup around it. Serve with bread and butter if you fancy 😊.
You could also cook the potatoes in the. Hearty and healthy, lentils simmer alongside fresh greens and herbs. Don't forget to garnish bowls with fresh shavings of Parmesan. This classic, slow-simmered lentil soup is seasoned with ham and vegetables. For a heartier dinner soup, add some extra diced leftover ham along with the ham bone or ham hock.