Healthy Lentil Dahl. The recipe is cooked in one pot and is very easy to make. Double the recipe if you want to eat leftovers on the second day. Easy, Vegan Coconut Red Lentil Dahl.
Basically you just add everything to the pot and let it cook. Cover the saucepan and simmer on a very low heat for about an hour/until the lentils have soaked up the liquid. To prevent the lentils from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan, stir regularly. You make ready boiling roast Healthy Lentil Dahl proving 12 compound along with 4 so. Here you are manage.
compound of Healthy Lentil Dahl
- It's 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 of celery stick, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need Half of a fresh red chilli, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of curry powder.
- It's 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It's 8 of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It's 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 100 g of dried red lentils.
- You need 400 mls of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare of Dessicated coconut to garnish.
Serve with fresh chopped coriander on top and a helping of brown rice on the side. A creamy Red Lentil Dahl which is comforting, hearty, flavorful, and delicious. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and easy to make. Low fat Indian dahl is one of my favourite curries.
Healthy Lentil Dahl technique
- Gently fry the onion, garlic, chilli and celery in the coconut oil for 5 minutes..
- Add the dry spices, stir and continue to cook for another few mins..
- Add the tomato purée and stir well. Then add the cherry tomatoes and dried lentils. Stir to coat in spice, then add your water. Simmer gently until the lentils are fully tender (about 20 minutes).
- Serve immediately sprinkled with dessicated coconut or nuts if desired, or allow to sit overnight in the fridge to develop the flavour if possible..
Suitable for vegans it's relatively quick and simple to make. When you're in the need of something healthy and filling that's meat free and really tasty, you cant go wrong with this low fat Indian dahl. Serve this tasty, healthy dhal as a vegetarian main meal or side dish. Watch the short video I made to show you how to make this delicious green lentil dahl curry. It shows you how easy it really is!