Mushroom Biryani. Mushroom biryani recipe with step by step photos. This is a spicy, tasty and easy one-pot mushroom biryani recipe from the Chettinad cuisine. This is the vegetarian version of popular Chettinad biryani made with mushrooms.
Mushroom biryani is a delicious one pot dish made with rice, mushrooms, masala powder & herbs. Traditionally a biryani is made with meat, marinated in yogurt and then layered with parboiled basmati rice & herbs. Mushroom is many of us favorite. You create roasting steep Mushroom Biryani working 21 receipt including 6 together with. Here you go realize.
prescription of Mushroom Biryani
- You need 2 cup of long grain basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- It's 2 of green cardamon.
- It's 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of yellow onion thinly sliced.
- It's 4 of green chilies slit into halves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It's 2 tbsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of mint leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized tomato thinly sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 2 cup of mushrooms thinly sliced.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of hung curd.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of briyani masala.
Last time i made mushroom dum biryani and shared which got so many good responses. Most of you tried it and loved it to the core. This time i wanted to share a simple mushroom biryani recipe which is made in on pot and it great for busy morning. This is great to put in lunch box too.
Mushroom Biryani ingredients
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes.Heat the oil and ghee in a heavy bottom pan, then add all whole spices and cumin seeds.Allow the spices to infused their flavors in oil..
- Then add the green chillies, onion and ginger-garlic paste, saute until raw smell goes off and onion becomes soft and translucent..
- Add half of the chopped cilantro and mint and saute for a minute.Then add tomato,salt and all the spices powders.Saute for 2-3 minutes until the tomato becomes mushy..
- Add the mushroom and mix well to coat with onion-tomato masala. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.Then add hung curd, allow to cook until oil separates. Check and adjust the seasoning by this time if needed..
- Add water to the mushroom masala and bring to boil.Finally add the soaked rice and cook for 3- 4 minutes on high flame.Then reduce to low and cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes..
- Mix well with fork or spoon and serve hot with Onion Tomato Raita or Boondi Raita..
A good biryani uses a lot of spices. I also add fresh cilantro, mint and cashews for the crunch. All these flavors come together wonderfully in the end. This recipe of mushroom biryani is vegan. One Pot South Indian mushroom biryani with step by step photos.