Kofteh Tabrizi (Persian giant meat balls).
You do ones thing browning scorch Kofteh Tabrizi (Persian giant meat balls) employing 19 compound along with 16 moreover. Here you go sew up.
program of Kofteh Tabrizi (Persian giant meat balls)
- Prepare 400 g of ground meat (half beef/ half lamb).
- It's 2 of onions.
- Prepare 200 g of yellow split peas, cooked.
- Prepare 70 g of rice, cooked.
- Prepare 50 g of mixed fresh herbs: chives, mint, tarragon, parsley, coriander and savory or marzeh. Finely chopped.
- Prepare 5-6 of baby potatoes.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Ingredients for filling.
- Prepare 1 of cooked and peeled egg for each meat ball.
- You need 1 of prune for each meat ball.
- It's 1/2 tsp of barberries for each meat ball.
- You need of Some crushed walnuts.
- It's 1 of large onion, chopped and fried.
- You need of Ingredients for sauce.
- It's 4 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Oil.
Kofteh Tabrizi (Persian giant meat balls) prescription
- First prepare the sauce: heat the oil in a saucepan, add chopped onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add pinch of salt / pepper, turmeric and tomato paste. Stir for another 5 minutes. Set aside..
- Add pinch of salt / pepper, turmeric and tomato paste..
- Stir for another 5 minutes. Set aside..
- Grind meat (beef and lamb) 2-3 times by a meat grinder until paste like. Grind precooked rice and yellow split peas. Grate onions, squeeze out the juice. In a bowl with the meat mixture, add onion, rice, yellow split peas and herbs..
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well..
- Take a portion of the meat mixture (as big as a grapefruit) stuff it with one cooked and peeled egg, prune, barberries, walnuts and fried onion..
- Wrap and make a meat ball shape..
- Bring to boil, 1000 ml water and gently slip the stuffed kofteh one by one and potatoes. Add prepared sauce as well. Let it simmer for 45 minutes..
- Add prepared sauce as well. Let it simmer for 45 minutes..
- Once kofteh is ready, transfer it to a platter and serve it with fresh herbs, salad or pickled vegetables (torshi)..