Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup.
You undertake grilling reduce Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup working 13 method together with 9 moreover. Here you are gain.
modus operandi of Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup
- It's of parsnips, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare of carrots, peeled and chopped (I would suggest you chop them a little bit smaller than the parsnips, as they take longer to cook).
- Prepare of coriander seeds.
- You need of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- You need of paprika.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- You need of yellow onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare of thumb-size piece fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- It's of water or vegetable stock.
- Prepare of natural yogurt or creme fraiche.
Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup gradually
- In a dry pan, heat the cumin seeds and coriander seeds until they are fragrant and beginning to pop slightly. Grind them up in a pestle and mortar (if you don't have one, skip this step and just use ground cumin and coriander).
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil around the sides of a large bowl, add the vegetables, spices and some salt and ground black pepper. Mix up with your hands..
- Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet and put into a 180C oven for 20-25 minutes, turning them around halfway through.
- When the vegetables are a bit browned, get a large soup pan on a medium heat and heat the other tablespoon of oil.
- Saute the onion until soft, then add the garluc and ginger and saute for another minute.
- Scrape the roasted vegetables into pan and then add the water or stock and turn up the heat to bring it to a boil.
- Turn down the heat again and simmer the soup for 12-15 minutes.
- Blend the soup, either in the pan with a stick blender, or in a liquidizer. Either way, please be very careful with hot liquid!.
- Serve soup with yogurt or creme fraiche spooned into the middle, with a warm roll or a warm naan bread ;).